The Amadeus Austrian Music Awards is the annual awards ceremony for excellence in the Austrian music industry. It has been awarded to the most successful Austrian musicians since 2000, and is the Austrian equivalent to the Grammys.
The 20th award ceremony was originally supposed to take place on 23 April 2020, as a big live event in the Wiener Stadthalle, but has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Austria. At the end of April 2020, the live event planned for 10 September 2020 was also cancelled, instead there was a pre-recorded TV show on national television.
Tom Neuwirth, already twice ‘Artist of the Year’ (2015 & 2016) with his Alter ego Conchita Wurst, hosted the award show for the third time. He was also nominated for the award in the category ‘Electronic / Dance’ and presented a performance of his new single, a cover of Supermax’s Austro-Pop hit “Lovemachine” together with Austrian singer Lou Asril.
- Amadeus Award 2020: full show
- WURST x Lou Asril – ‘Lovemachine’
- Amadeus Austrian Music Awards 2020 (Teaser ORF)
- ORF / Kulturmontag
- ORF Kultur / Amadeus Awards für Fans offen
- APA / 20 Jahre „Amadeus Austrian Music Award“
- Kurier / Amadeus Awards: TV-Show in ORF1 statt Live-Event
- APA / Conchita Wurst präsentiert Verleihung am 10. September in ORF 1
- Kronenzeitung / Jubiläumsausgabe wegen Corona-Krise als TV-Show
- ORF Kultur / Amadeus Awards als TV-Event
- Der Standard / Amadeus Awards 2020: Heute geht es wieder um die Wurst
- Pictures on Conchita’s Wurstgemeinde