In 2021, Tom Neuwirth a.k.a. Conchita Wurst started to work on art projects together with Austrian photographers and artists during a phase when due to the pandemic no other live-performances in front of public were allowed.
For “GOTHICA”, photographer Marion Ida and stylist Julia Philippitsch started this concept with Conchita researching men of the 1900s in Vienna wearing dresses in photos. Reason enough to build an entire art project around this idea of fierceness with a slight touch of Austrian occultism. Thomas Kirchgrabner brought his fine artistry to hand-draw tattoos to cover Conchita’s entire upper body.
The series of pictures was taken on 18 March 2021 in and around the Villa Schapira in Vienna.
- GOTHICA – CONCHITA WURST x DIE IDA x CORNELIA L. – THOMAS K. – MAKING OF (highlights video)
- Coffee Table Book “C.A.N.V.A.S.”
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Facebook 1)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Facebook 2)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Facebook 3)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Instagram 1)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Instagram 2)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Instagram 3)
- Pictures Conchita Wurst (Instagram 4)
Many more great videos are available on WURSTTV.com for subscribers.